A personal record of what's going on in my Northern Michigan zone 4 gardens. I use raised beds and grow organically. Nothing fancy--just trying to garden with nature in mind.

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Sometimes, Doing Nothing is Just What You Should Be Doing

 I haven't  been posting much this year. It's not that I haven't been DOING anything, it's just that my heart is not in it.
 I've gotten the spring vegetables planted and covered.
 Everything is weeded, pruned, mulched, whatever.

The problem is not IN the garden..... It is IN THE GARDENER.

 I've known for several months that I will not be gardening this year.  I tried to embrace that, to look at it as time for something different. But , for a person who can happily lose her days out in the sunshine, weeding and listening to the birds,....... I . Am. Miserable.

I am not posting this for a pity party..... only to let you know that I have not fallen off the earth. It's just a year of "something else". 

Like this freshly manured future flower bed, sometimes ya have to just sit and wait.