A personal record of what's going on in my Northern Michigan zone 4 gardens. I use raised beds and grow organically. Nothing fancy--just trying to garden with nature in mind.

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Nebraska-Spring Migrations-2016

Soaking up some sunshine(and eating a NO-NO!!) -Harlan County Resevoir, Alma, NE


Greetings from Nebraska---perhaps I should say WARM greetings. Oh my--this is heavenly! Mid 60's and more sun than I've seen in over 4 months.

We couldn't have timed out this trip better!  The cranes are arriving early--the paper said there are already over 300, 000 of them in the area.   PLUS-----we were at the reservoir the EXACT MORNING  the snow geese arrived!!!!!!  Wave after wave after wave of them.
I couldn't hope to have the words to describe the awesomeness of that morning. That truly was the BEST DAY OF MY LIFE.  I am not exaggerating.

Anyways, I've put on a couple of videos--the first is of a small flock of Snow geese in a field by Marquette, NE settling in to feed  and the second video is of a few cranes in a field near Kearney,NE.






I've disabled comments because I might not get to them---I'll catch up with all of you when I'm home.
Take care and "look up"---you never know what you'll see